Chicken and Kale Power Bowl
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 1 bag of COLOSSAL BITES® Breaded Breast Chunks
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2-3 cups frozen chopped kale, thawed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked according to package
- 4 eggs, fried sunny side up
- To cook the breaded chunks, either preheat the oven to 400oF and bake for 8-10 minutes, or fry at 350oF for 3-5 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165oF. Set aside once complete.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sweet potatoes, shallots, cumin and paprika, and stir to combine. Then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- While the sweet potato mixture is cooking, wrap the thawed frozen kale in some paper towels and wring out any excess moisture. Add the kale into the skillet during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Divide the cooked quinoa between four bowls. Lastly, add the sweet potato and kale mixture, the breaded chunks, ¼ of the sliced avocado and a fried egg on top.
- To customize, top your bowl with a drizzle of any signature sauce or your choice of shredded cheese.