We’ll say it here, straight up. You can throw in every leafy and cruciferous veggie, add tomatoes and onions, garnish with pumpkin seeds and exotic fruits, even fine cheeses...without the protein, it’s still just a salad. But adding sous vide chicken for an extra oomph of flavor is a game-changer, turning that so-called "rabbit food" into a full-on meal that will impress even the heartiest eater.
Why sous vide chicken? This French innovation is an easy, pre-cooked meal hack anyone can use to amp up the dinner menu and add extra style to your weeknight entrée salad. It's tender enough to cut with a butter knife, filled with flavor, and has a smooth and juicy texture that's just right every time. Plus, it means less time in the kitchen for you, right? Step away from that stifling stove during this record-breaking heat spell and maybe serve al fresco! With summer fleeting, we can use all the outside time we can get, so here’s the bill of fare for your next summer night soiree...
Symphony Summer Salad, Featuring Sous Vide Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 Sous Vide Chicken Breasts, sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a large bowl or jar.
- Roughly chop salad ingredients and add them to a large salad bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss, adding chicken breast slices and feta cheese on top.
- Serve cold.