Chicken Flatbread Pizzas
Pizza. An American favorite, and quite honestly, a staple in our household. The only thing better than ordering a pizza is making a healthy and delicious version at home. In this recipe, we recommend using Naked Truth pre-cooked grilled chicken breast chunks—made with farm-raised, vegetarian-fed, no-antibiotics ever chicken that is raised on a certified animal welfare farm. Pizza has never felt so guilt-free.
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 package Naan bread or flatbreads
- 1 cup Naked Truth Grilled Chicken Breast Chunks, chopped or sliced
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add garlic and Italian seasoning and saute for one minute until fragrant.
- Add the flour and whisk until blended; cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Slowly whisk in the milk—try to avoid clumping—salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste. Cook until the liquid has thickened into a sauce and can coat the back of a spoon—about 5 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese and set aside.
- On a sheet pan, toast naan or flatbreads for about 8 minutes in the oven.
- Spread white sauce over naan or flatbreads.
- Top each with artichokes, chopped spinach, red bell pepper, and sliced pre-cooked chicken chunks.
- Sprinkle cheeses over the top.
- Bake for 5–10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.